Whatever the scale or nature of your development, working with a trusted, knowledgeable, and experienced heritage consultancy will ensure that any heritage designation can be embraced as an exciting design opportunity, and not feel like a limitation.
At Avalon, we’re yet to come across a historic building or place that can’t be enhanced by creative change. This is visible in our work with incredible developers and institutions across the South and Southwest, on award-winning and commercially successful schemes in historic locations.
As the largest independent planning consultancy in the Southwest, with combined heritage and archaeology expertise in one team, we are uniquely positioned to handle even the most complex and sensitive of developments.
Working in partnership, we guide our clients through planning permission or listed building consent, finding creative solutions to any challenges. Thanks to our excellent working relationships with local Conservation Officers and Historic England, we are perfectly placed to present your scheme as favourably as possible to key stakeholders.
- Building Histories and Archive Research
- Negotiations with Historic England and Local Authorities
- Listed Building Consent Applications
- Heritage Statements
- Conservation Area Appraisals
- Conservation Management Plans
- Scheduled Monument Consents
- Townscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Listing Assessments / Certificates of Immunity
- Heritage Enforcement Advocacy
- Appeals and Expert Witness
- We act Commercially - yes, we love history, but like you, we never lose sight of the commercial goals of our clients throughout our work. Our heritage advice is always presented in a pragmatic and proportionate way, allowing you and your design team to readily identify where the priorities for protection lie, and where there is scope for innovation and change.
- Built heritage and archaeology expertise within one team, means we can deliver the heritage expertise you need to take your project from design inception through to final construction.
- Our Directors have a hands-on approach to all projects from start to finish. Unlike some national consultancies, our Directors won’t disappear from your project once you’ve agreed our instruction.
- With an over 96% success rate of securing Planning Permission or Listed Building Consent at first application, we have an outstanding track record of securing Consents for our clients on the most high-profile and sensitive of projects.
- Strong working relationships with Southwest Conservation Officers and Historic England can often be key to securing Consent on heritage-led schemes, and our team of former English Heritage and Conservation Officers are able to offer unique insights into stakeholder expectations.